1. What Classes do you offer and when?
- We are extremely proud to offer Tap, Ballet, Jazz and Hip-Hop classes.
- Classes are Tuesday through Thursday beginning after school and evenings.
2. What are the ages and necessary experience needed to attend?
- Classes range from ages 2 1/2 and up.
- Levels of classes are set by age and number of years a child has taken dance.
- We have beginner through advanced.
- It is invaluable to place your child where they will be the most successful.
3. How does the school year run and what type of commitment is expected?
- The DF offers a curriculum that consists of 28 lessons which begins Tuesday after Labor Day and ends with the annual recital performance which is usually the third or fourth
weekend in May.
- Class attendance is vey important for a young dancer's progress. Excessive absences can affect your dancer. Your commitment to our program is expected to continue through
the end-of-year recital.
4. How will I be kept informed of information about my child?
- We begin each season with an informative parent meeting where we will go over the DF Handbook distributed at registration.
- Additional information will be provided to parents as necessary.
- Information is also on our website www.dancefactoryga.com or you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure we have your e-mail address. Communication at the DF is imparitive....help us keep you informed.
5. Is there a dress code?
- Black leotard and pink tights for girls.
- Black shorts and white t-shirts for boys are the standard classroom attire.
6. Do you have a recital or performance?
- Yes, the children and teens have a beautiful and exciting show to display what they have learned all year and to perform their routine(s).
- We want all dancers to participate, however the performance is optional.
7. Can I watch my child in class?
- In early spring our parents and families are invited to observe classes.
- Classes are closed during the rest of the school year to help teachers keep the dancers focused.
- A closed-circuit television is located in the studio lobby and is for parent viewing at the teacher's discretion.
8. How do I register?
- You can register every Saturday in August from 10am to 4pm at the studio.
- You can also download the registration form from our website, click on the Classes and Tuition page.
- There is a yearly, non-refundable $30.00 registration fee which guarantees placement for your child in the DF dance education program.
9. Do you have adult classes?
- As a matter of fact, we do!
- We offer Adult Tap classes for the young at heart...Our oldest student is 79 years young! Adult Tap is a wonderful way to excercise without knowing it...working an entirely different
muscle group from your normal exercise routine!
- We offer adult competition teams as well! For more information on our Adult classes, call us and one of our helpful staff members can assist you!
10. If I transfer from another studio what do I need to do?
- At registration, speak with a staff member about the number of years your child has taken classes and arrange for an assessment of your child's dance experience. Sometimes an audition may